Montecasino first opened its doors on 30 November 2000 and expanded in May 2007 with the addition of the open air Piazza and Teatro.
Montecasino's Piazza, which is slightly smaller than a rugby field and modeled on a typical Italian piazza features several restaurants where visitors can dine al fresco, and enjoy the mesmerizing musical fountain displays. The Piazza also features the SunSquare Hotel, aimed at the modern business tourist, the Montecasino Ballroom which can accommodate 400 people seated banquet style, and the spectacular Teatro at Montecasino, which opened with the legendary stage production 'The Lion King'.
Construction has been completed on a R 700 Million project - 'The Pivot'. The Pivot includes a new hotel, bar and lounge, conference centre, restaurant, outdoor pool and leisure area and a new gym.
Features and facilities at Montecasino
- A Casino with slots, table games, a poker suite and 14 cashier stations
- Restaurants, Bars and Coffee Shops
- Nightclub and Comedy Club
- Food court with Fast Food outlets
- 2 theatres - The Teatro at Montecasino and the Pieter Toerien Theatre
- Child Care Facility
- Montecasino Bird Gardens with a variety of birds, mammals, reptiles and unusual animals from around the world
- A 15 cinema complex operated by NuMetro
- Full Computicket outlet at the Montecasino Box Office
- Shopping outlets
- Outdoor Piazza featuring Musical Fountains
- Hotels - Southern Sun Hotel, Sun Square Hotel and the Palazzo Hotel
- Conference and events facilities
- ATMs are available from all the major South African Banks
- Foreign Exchange
- Information Desk: Our operating times are: Mondays (09h00 - 00h00), Tuesdays to Thursdays (09h00 - 02h00), Fridays (09h00 - 04h00), Saturdays (09h00 - 04h00) and Sundays (09h00 - 00h00). Call us on +27 11 510 7811, Fax: +27 11 510 7070
- Lost & Found
- Gun Safe
- Secure under cover and open air parking