Back on stage this festive season
We have always loved our adaptation of this evergreen classic and believe that it is necessary to stage the show now, more than ever. Audiences are all Netflix-ed out and are craving true human connection and shared experiences.” says Jaco van Rensburg from VR Theatrical. “Our production is truly unique and features animated ghosts, original music and two wonderful actors playing several characters.”Wessel Odendaal was tasked with creating music for the production. “We had to create soundscapes that is reminiscent of Dickensian London, but is also appealing and accessible to today’s audiences. We managed to find the balance and have refined it quite a bit over the last 4 years that the production was staged.” said Odendaal. Ashley Dowds is portraying Scrooge, the tight-fisted, miserly grump who is transformed, after three visitations, into new Scrooge, spreading goodwill and cheer through his generous spirit. He is supported by Amber-Dawn Burnhams. This production has been playing to sold-out audiences for the last 5 years and will be on the boards between 14 – 24 December only. It has been described as ‘a sumptuous banquet for the eyes, ears and imagination; a sensory delight for any tired soul.’ This is the perfect show to celebrate humanity, family and above all, generosity of spirit!
- Pieter Toerien’s Theatre is a Covid-19 compliant venue and face masks are required to be worn at all times in the theatre. The Theatre will enforce a firm “No Mask – No Entry” policy.
- ALL guests and staff are subject to a temperature check on entering the Montecasino complex.
- All staff and patrons are required to observe social distancing protocols upon entry to the venue.
- On arrival at the theatre, all patrons will be required to complete a brief Covid-19 questionnaire as part of the Government thorough track-and-trace process.
- The venue will have clearly visible sanitising stations and patrons and staff will be encouraged to sanitise their hands regularly
- All bathroom areas are equipped with sanitising stations.
- The Theatre’s box office and foyer bar/ coffee bar areas will be cash-free environments as far as possible to reduce contact and ensure safety of patrons and staff.
- Patrons to be encouraged to print tickets at home or use the QR code on their phones to limit ticket contact in venue.
- Auditorium doors will be opened earlier than usual to allow the smooth flow of patrons through our foyer areas and prevent any congestion and queues.
- The auditorium is deep cleaned and sanitised between performances to ensure all surfaces are 100% germ-free
- The auditorium Covid-19 compliant seating plan has been put together using the latest Government social distancing protocols and to ensure that our audience members are seated safely within their “bubbles”. Our theatre can hold a maximum of 50% of its usual capacity to ensure audience safety whilst watching a show.
- Montecasino has a high-tech air-conditioning system in place and this will be operating at full during each performance to ensure the healthy circulation of fresh air
- All dressing room and backstage areas are equipped with sanitising stations and are cleaned between shows.
- All performers are required to wear masks when they come off stage and to observe social distancing protocols within dressing rooms and backstage areas.
There will be no gatherings after the show at Stage Door or in the foyer areas, and audience members and staff are all encouraged to leave the theatre space as quickly as possible once the show has ended.