YOUR THEATRE TICKET COULD WIN YOU A FERRARI CALIFORNIA T!
All covid-19 protocols will be observed and social distancing will be implemented in the seating arrangements. Remember he/she who laughs masked, laughs best!
Having weathered the second and third Covid-19 storm, we are finally ready to re-open our doors and welcome back our loyal and supportive audiences. We look forward to once again presenting World-Class entertainment on our stage at Montecasino – Jo’Burg’s top (and safest) entertainment destination!
It’s been the wildest year yet with the most unexepected and crazy pandemic turning our existance inside out and upside down.
Renowned funny man, Alan Committie, however is determined that we keep laughing in the face of of it all.
So join him in his latest hilarious solo stand up show which re-opens Pieter Toerien’s Montecasino Theatre – Apocolaughs Now!
Global lockdown, earthquakes in Plumstead, cigarette and alcohol bans, Cricket South Africa out for a duck, Trumpeting leaders blowing hot air and the only response we have had so far is to dance the Jerusalema (which is how drunk people pronounce Julius Malema after 2am in the morning)…..
But now Committie explores how we can stay sane and healthy in body, mind and soul with his usual madcap verbal wit and physical comedy shenanigans.
Our intrepid jester tries to understand wellness coaches, explores the world of tik-tok videos, and unpacks how we thought the world would end versus how it’s actually happening and may or may not have found the missing R500 billion promised to the nation!
So book now for the limited 3 week run!
1. Pieter Toerin’s Theatre is a Covid-19 compliant venue and face masks are required to be worn at all times in the theatre. The Theatre will enforce a firm “No Mask – No Entry” policy.
2. ALL guests and staff are subject to a temperature check on entering the Montecasino complex.
3. All staff and patrons are required to observe social distancing protocols upon entry to the venue.
4. On arrival at the theatre, all patrons will be required to complete a brief Covid-19 questionnaire as part of the Governement thorough track-and-trace process.
5. The venue will have clearly visible sanitising stations and patrons and staff will be encouraged to sanitise their hands regularly
6. All bathroom areas are equipped with sanitising stations.
7. The Theatre’s box office and foyer bar/ coffee bar areas will be cash-free environments as far as possible to reduce contact and ensure safety of patrons and staff.
8. Patrons to be encouraged to print tickets at home or use the QR code on their phones to limit ticket contact in venue.
9. Auditorium doors will be opened earlier than usual to allow the smooth flow of patrons through our foyer areas and prevent any congestion and queues.
10. The auditorium is deep cleaned and sanitised between performances to ensure all surfaces are 100% germ-free
11. The auditorium Covid-19 compliant seating plan has been put together using the latest Government social distancing protocols and to ensure that our audience members are seated safely within their “bubbles”. Our theatre can hold a maximum of 50% of its usual capacity to ensure audience safety whilst watching a show.
12. Montecasino has a high-tech air-conditioning system in place and this will be operating at full during each performance to ensure the healthy circulation of fresh air
13. All dressing room and backstage areas are equipped with sanitising stations and are cleaned between shows.
14. All performers are required to wear masks when they come off stage and to observe social distancing protocols within dressing rooms and backstage areas.
15. There will be no gatherings after the show at Stage Door or in the foyer areas, and audience members and staff are all encouraged to leave the theatre space as quickly as possible once the show has ended.