Due to popular demand, this amazing show is now extended until 23 January 2022!
All covid-19 protocols will be observed and social distancing will be implemented in the seating arrangements.
After a rollercoaster two years of uncertainty and covid-enforced hibernation, Jonathan Roxmouth is “Back in Lights” at the Pieter Toerien Theatre in Montecasino.
Accompanied onstage by a virtuoso Broadway chamber ensemble and under the guiding light of Weslee Swain Lauder, Jonathan will be reminding theatregoers of the magic of the Musicals through song, story and perhaps even the odd tap dance with his signature tongue-in-cheek sense of humour.
Come and relive the thrill of CATS, THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, LES MISÉRABLES, SUNSET BOULEVARD, EVITA, JOSEPH AND THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT and an avalanche of others in the safety and comfort of a proper theatre once again. It goes without saying that strict government mandated Covid-19 protocols will be observed for the safety and enjoyment of every patron.
“What good is sitting alone in your room? Come hear the music play…!”
- Pieter Toerien’s Theatre is a Covid-19 compliant venue and face masks are required to be worn at all times in the theatre. The Theatre will enforce a firm “No Mask – No Entry” policy.
- ALL guests and staff are subject to a temperature check on entering the Montecasino complex.
- All staff and patrons are required to observe social distancing protocols upon entry to the venue.
- On arrival at the theatre, all patrons will be required to complete a brief Covid-19 questionnaire as part of the Government thorough track-and-trace process.
- The venue will have clearly visible sanitising stations and patrons and staff will be encouraged to sanitise their hands regularly
- All bathroom areas are equipped with sanitising stations.
- The Theatre’s box office and foyer bar/ coffee bar areas will be cash-free environments as far as possible to reduce contact and ensure safety of patrons and staff.
- Patrons to be encouraged to print tickets at home or use the QR code on their phones to limit ticket contact in venue.
- Auditorium doors will be opened earlier than usual to allow the smooth flow of patrons through our foyer areas and prevent any congestion and queues.
- The auditorium is deep cleaned and sanitised between performances to ensure all surfaces are 100% germ-free
- The auditorium Covid-19 compliant seating plan has been put together using the latest Government social distancing protocols and to ensure that our audience members are seated safely within their “bubbles”. Our theatre can hold a maximum of 50% of its usual capacity to ensure audience safety whilst watching a show.
- Montecasino has a high-tech air-conditioning system in place and this will be operating at full during each performance to ensure the healthy circulation of fresh air
- All dressing room and backstage areas are equipped with sanitising stations and are cleaned between shows.
- All performers are required to wear masks when they come off stage and to observe social distancing protocols within dressing rooms and backstage areas.
- There will be no gatherings after the show at Stage Door or in the foyer areas, and audience members and staff are all encouraged to leave the theatre space as quickly as possible once the show has ended.