A Revue of their songs
All covid-19 protocols will be observed and social distancing will be implemented in the seating arrangements.
Age Restriction: None
Two of South Africa’s most-loved stars – Andre Schwartz and Amanda Strydom – join forces in a spectacular new musical revue celebrating the magic of Jacques Brel and Edith Piaf at Montecasino’s Pieter Toerien Theatre.
Titled BREL/ PIAF, this revue of their songs is written and staged by Saartjie Botha. Andre and Amanda will be accompanied on stage by pianists David Boverhoff and Coenraad Raal.
Belgian-born Jacques Brel has long been a favourite among South African audiences. English translations of his songs have been covered by many performers including David Bowie, Frank Sinatra, Ray Charles and Shirley Bassey. French singer Edith Piaf’s songs of love, loss and sorrow have captivated audiences around the world – her signature song “La Vie en Rose” won a Grammy Hall of Fame Award in 1998. Andre and Amanda bring together all their most popular songs in what promises to be an unforgettable night at the Pieter Toerien theatre!
Songs featured in the show include: Amsterdam, Marieke, La vie en Rose, Le Tango Funebre, Le Feuilles Mortes, On n’ Oublie Rien, Le Chanson de Jacky, Fils de, Les Bourgeois, Ne me Quitte Pas, Hymne a l’amour, Milord, Non je ne regretted rien, and many more!
- Pieter Toerien’s Theatre is a Covid-19 compliant venue and face masks are required to be worn at all times in the theatre. The Theatre will enforce a firm “No Mask – No Entry” policy.
- All staff and patrons are required to observe social distancing protocols upon entry to the venue.
- The venue will have clearly visible sanitising stations and patrons and staff will be encouraged to sanitise their hands regularly
- All bathroom areas are equipped with sanitising stations.
- The Theatre’s box office and foyer bar/ coffee bar areas will be cash-free environments as far as possible to reduce contact and ensure safety of patrons and staff.
- Patrons to be encouraged to print tickets at home or use the QR code on their phones to limit ticket contact in venue.
- Auditorium doors will be opened earlier than usual to allow the smooth flow of patrons through our foyer areas and prevent any congestion and queues.
- The auditorium is deep cleaned and sanitised between performances to ensure all surfaces are 100% germ-free
- The auditorium Covid-19 compliant seating plan has been put together using the latest Government social distancing protocols and to ensure that our audience members are seated safely within their “bubbles”. Our theatre can hold a maximum of 50% of its usual capacity to ensure audience safety whilst watching a show.
- Montecasino has a high-tech air-conditioning system in place and this will be operating at full during each performance to ensure the healthy circulation of fresh air
- All dressing room and backstage areas are equipped with sanitising stations and are cleaned between shows.
- All performers are required to wear masks when they come off stage and to observe social distancing protocols within dressing rooms and backstage areas.
- There will be no gatherings after the show at Stage Door or in the foyer areas, and audience members and staff are all encouraged to leave the theatre space as quickly as possible once the show has ended.