All covid-19 protocols will be observed and social distancing will be implemented in the seating arrangements.
Mzansi Ballet is proud to announce The Christmas Show. A show for the entire family featuring some of the most loved Christmas classics as well as contemporary Christmas hits such as Silent Night, Little Drummer Boy, Holly Jolly Christmas, and Grandma got run over by a Reindeer and many more.
With extracts from famous Christmas Ballets such as the Snow Scene from The Nutcracker and more contemporary items choreographed by husband-and-wife team Michael and Angela Revie, the same team who gave you the stunning – The Queen Show. Joining them in choreographing is Xola Willie all the way from the Eastern Cape.
THE CHRISTMAS SHOW features stunning dancers including Joburg-based Allison Sischy and Veronica Louw, both well-known for their work in The Queen Show. One of the exceptional male talents to look out for in the show is Aviwe November – a prominent dancer on the contemporary dance circuit.
- Pieter Toerin’s Theatre is a Covid-19 compliant venue and face masks are required to be worn at all times in the theatre. The Theatre will enforce a firm “No Mask – No Entry” policy.
- ALL guests and staff are subject to a temperature check on entering the Montecasino complex.
- All staff and patrons are required to observe social distancing protocols upon entry to the venue.
- On arrival at the theatre, all patrons will be required to complete a brief Covid-19 questionnaire as part of the Government thorough track-and-trace process.
- The venue will have clearly visible sanitising stations and patrons and staff will be encouraged to sanitise their hands regularly
- All bathroom areas are equipped with sanitising stations.
- The Theatre’s box office and foyer bar/ coffee bar areas will be cash-free environments as far as possible to reduce contact and ensure safety of patrons and staff.
- Patrons to be encouraged to print tickets at home or use the QR code on their phones to limit ticket contact in venue.
- Auditorium doors will be opened earlier than usual to allow the smooth flow of patrons through our foyer areas and prevent any congestion and queues.
- The auditorium is deep cleaned and sanitised between performances to ensure all surfaces are 100% germ-free
- The auditorium Covid-19 compliant seating plan has been put together using the latest Government social distancing protocols and to ensure that our audience members are seated safely within their “bubbles”. Our theatre can hold a maximum of 50% of its usual capacity to ensure audience safety whilst watching a show.
- Montecasino has a high-tech air-conditioning system in place and this will be operating at full during each performance to ensure the healthy circulation of fresh air
- All dressing room and backstage areas are equipped with sanitising stations and are cleaned between shows.
- All performers are required to wear masks when they come off stage and to observe social distancing protocols within dressing rooms and backstage areas.
- There will be no gatherings after the show at Stage Door or in the foyer areas, and audience members and staff are all encouraged to leave the theatre space as quickly as possible once the show has ended