World tour of Queen's music and Ben Elton’s story
The health and safety of our WE WILL ROCK YOU audiences, cast members and everyone involved in the production is of great importance and concern to SA producer Showtime Management, international partner Selladoor Worldwide and the show venues, Montecasino and Artscape. Current government legislation allows for a total audience to 50 persons and 15 crew and performers which, is unfortunately impractical and not financially viable. Therefore, WE WILL ROCK YOU is regretfully postponed to 2021, pending future restrictions and legislation.
Computicket is contacting all patrons direct regarding the exchange of their tickets for a new performance date or a refund. For all ticket queries, email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Refunds and exchanges will only be for the purchase value of the original ticket. T&C’s Apply.
A brand-new production and major extensive world tour of Queen and Ben Elton’s multi award-winning rock musical We Will Rock You will be coming to the award winning Teatro from Friday, 23 July 2021.
The musical is produced by SA promoter, Showtime Management in conjunction with Sellador Worldwide and Gavin Kalin Productions. “Showtime Management is excited to be involved in a new partnership with international producers, Selladoor Worldwide and Gavin Kalin Productions to bring the new generation We Will Rock You hit stage production to this country in 2020 before going on a world tour. We have successfully produced a number of Broadway and West End hits in South Africa featuring SA talent that have gone on to critical acclaim in various overseas territories. Revisiting We Will Rock You as an originating partner with Selladoor and Gavin Kalin on this new look production is a proud milestone for Showtime.” says Hazel Feldman. Showtime Management previously staged We Will Rock You in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban in 2005 and 2006 to rave reviews and nightly standing ovations. Following sold out seasons in South Africa, the show then enjoyed a highly successful tour to New Zealand and Korea in 2007.
Telling the story of a group of bohemians in a dystopian future and featuring 24 of Queen’s greatest hits, We Will Rock You will be directed and choreographed by Olivier Award nominee Nick Winston (Annie, Loserville, Waiting for Godot). The production will feature set design by Tom Rogers, costume design by Hayley Grindle, lighting by Ben Cracknell and sound by Ben Harrison. We Will Rock You has a combined South African and international creative team.
A 20% “Early Bird” special discount is available for the months of September and October 2020 across all ticket prices valid for the first Wednesday and Thursday performances in both cities i.e. 28 July and 29 July 2021. The “Extra Early Bird” special offer does not apply to any other show discount.
Special Terrific Tuesdays
- Only valid for Tuesday performances: R100, R150, 250, R350.
- Not valid with any other discount offer
- Wednesdays & Sundays 18h00 at R250 per ticket (subject to availability) on the top two ticket prices.
- Sunday 14h00 pensioner discount is limited to: Teatro Row U and ZC. Artscape Rows Q and U, subject to availability.
- Tickets may only be purchased from a Computicket outlet subject to presentation of a valid ID.
- Only one ticket per valid ID.
- 20% Discount on groups of 15 and more
- Valid Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday 6pm performances only for the top two prices.
- Contact Jill Somers on +27 79 218 1658, email@example.com
Montecasino Group Hospitality Packages
- Not available on Terrific Tuesdays, Saturday shows and Sunday matinee performances
Valid for 20+ tickets
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +27 11 367 4250