Blood is thicker than water, but so is arsenic.
All covid-19 protocols will be observed and social distancing will be implemented in the seating arrangements. Age Restriction: PG16
Come on! During the course of the last 5 years, they’ve opened a theatre, produced 13 original productions, appeared in every magazine and newspaper this side of Uitenhage, and peered down at you from any billboard that stood still long enough to be climbed by an arthritic, middle-aged drag queen! In short, from 2016 onwards, South Africa has been bombarded, terrorized, and titivated by the self-proclaimed Queens of the Sky, and there appeared to be no stopping them. And then, at the end of 2021, they mysteriously disappeared. What in the name of Judy Garland happened to them? The truth is, after all those years of being cooped up in a little theatre in Cape Town, Cathy, Holly and Molly can barely stand to be in the same room anymore. These three sisters from different misters, like any other siblings, have many skeletons in their collective closet, and their day of reckoning has arrived. The claws are out, the “T” is being spilled and the dirty laundry is being given a very public airing… All of the above set to the tune of your favourite 80’s hits, obviously! Catch The Trolley Dollies™ at the Pieter Toerien Montecasino Theatre from the 26th of August to the 11th of September. It’s a family affair, but not family friendly. Blood may be thicker than water, but so is arsenic!
- Pieter Toerien’s Theatre is a Covid-19 compliant venue and face masks are required to be worn at all times in the theatre. The Theatre will enforce a firm “No Mask – No Entry” policy.
- All staff and patrons are required to observe social distancing protocols upon entry to the venue.
- The venue will have clearly visible sanitising stations and patrons and staff will be encouraged to sanitise their hands regularly
- All bathroom areas are equipped with sanitising stations.
- The Theatre’s box office and foyer bar/ coffee bar areas will be cash-free environments as far as possible to reduce contact and ensure safety of patrons and staff.
- Patrons to be encouraged to print tickets at home or use the QR code on their phones to limit ticket contact in venue.
- Auditorium doors will be opened earlier than usual to allow the smooth flow of patrons through our foyer areas and prevent any congestion and queues.
- The auditorium is deep cleaned and sanitised between performances to ensure all surfaces are 100% germ-free
- The auditorium Covid-19 compliant seating plan has been put together using the latest Government social distancing protocols and to ensure that our audience members are seated safely within their “bubbles”. Our theatre can hold a maximum of 50% of its usual capacity to ensure audience safety whilst watching a show.
- Montecasino has a high-tech air-conditioning system in place and this will be operating at full during each performance to ensure the healthy circulation of fresh air
- All dressing room and backstage areas are equipped with sanitising stations and are cleaned between shows.
- All performers are required to wear masks when they come off stage and to observe social distancing protocols within dressing rooms and backstage areas.
- There will be no gatherings after the show at Stage Door or in the foyer areas, and audience members and staff are all encouraged to leave the theatre space as quickly as possible once the show has ended.